In May 2001, WOM was officially organized as a subcommittee of CAAR, approved by the LAUC-SB membership, by adding subsection c to article VI, section 3/b/6, of the bylaws reading: “CAAR will appoint one of its members to chair a subcommittee that maintains a program to welcome, orient, and mentor librarians (W.O.M.).”
WOM was created to assist librarians new to the profession and/or to the UCSB Libraries in facing the many challenges of a new position. Its scope broadened to include the exploration of professional development issues of interest to any, and all, librarians.
- Leahkim Gannett, Chair
- Marti Jean Kallal
- Jennifer Thompson
- Stephanie Tulley
- WOM Annual Report, 2012-2013
- WOM Annual Report, 2011-2012
- WOM Annual Report, 2010-2011
- WOM Annual Report, 2009-2010 [Not available]
- WOM Annual Report, 2008-2009
- WOM Annual Report, 2007-2008
- WOM Annual Reports, 2001-2005
Past Charges and Rosters
Past charges and rosters from the past few years are available in the WOM Archives.