In May 2001, WOM was officially organized as a subcommittee of CAAR, approved by the LAUC-SB membership, by adding subsection c to article VI, section 3/b/6, of the bylaws reading: “CAAR will appoint one of its members to chair a subcommittee that maintains a program to welcome, orient, and mentor librarians (W.O.M.).”
WOM was created to assist librarians new to the profession and/or to the UCSB Libraries in facing the many challenges of a new position. Its scope broadened to include the exploration of professional development issues of interest to any, and all, librarians.
The committee shall look into offering programs relating to the mentoring and orientation needs of the LAUC-SB membership.
– Angela Boyd, LAUC-SB Chair, 2013-2014
- Leahkim Gannett, Chair
- Marti Jean Kallal
- Jennifer Thompson
- Stephanie Tulley
- Sally Willson Weimer
- WOM Annual Report, 2012-2013
- WOM Annual Report, 2011-2012
- WOM Annual Report, 2010-2011
- WOM Annual Report, 2009-2010 [Not available]
- WOM Annual Report, 2008-2009
- WOM Annual Report, 2007-2008
- WOM Annual Reports, 2001-2005
Past Charges and Rosters
Past charges and rosters from the past few years are available in the WOM Archives.