a. The Committee on Advancement and Promotion shall consist of an elected chair
and sufficient members, as confirmed by the Executive Committee, to conduct the business of CAP.
b. The CAP fulfills the mandate of the Academic Personnel Manual (APM) for a personnel committee to advise the Chancellor or designee on the merit increases, promotions and career status actions for members of the librarian series. Specific functions of the CAP in this regard shall be as follows:
- to advise the LAUC-SB Executive Committee on the implementation and interpretation of pertinent sections of the Academic Personnel Manual (APM) and to advise appropriate administrative bodies on established APM policy and procedure.
- to participate in the continuing development of those performance standards for promotion and review which implement the applicable criteria in the APM.
- to coordinate the work of administratively appointed performance review committees
and to nominate a slate for each of these committees as well as a CAP member to serve as Chair of each committee.
- to address the application of performance standards in evaluations for promotion and merit review.
- to prepare an annual, analytical report on the review process for distribution via the Executive Committee to LAUC-SB members.
- to submit review statistics via the Executive Committee to the membership of LAUC-SB and to LAUC.
- to advise on career development programs and participate in the organization and promotion of such programs.
[from Section 2 of Article VI of the LAUC-SB Bylaws]
The Committee on Advancement and Promotions (CAP) is charged to revise the LAUC-SB procedures for peer review process to conform to the the new terms in the contract. This is in light of the fact that the new UC-AFT librarians’ contract has been ratified.
In addition, CAP will continue to revise the portions of LAUC-SB bylaws pertaining to CAP so they incorporate the new procedures for selection of members of the committee that were approved by the membership April, 2013
The deadline for this charge is May 2014, to be presented at a LAUC-SB Executive Committee meeting.
This charge shall be completed in addition to the committee’s standing charge.
- Angela Boyd, LAUC-SB Chair, 2013-2014
- Eunice Schroeder, Chair
- Elaine McCracken, Vice Chair / Chair-Elect
- Linda Broderick, Member-at-large (Year 2)
- Sócrates Silva, Member-at-large (Year 1)
- CAP Annual Report, 2012-2013
- CAP Annual Report, 2011-2012
- CAP Annual Report, 2010-2011 [Not available]
- CAP Annual Report, 2009-2010
- CAP Annual Report, 2008-2009
- CAP Annual Report, 2007-2008
- CAP Annual Report, 2006-2007
- CAP Annual Reports, 1994-2005
Past Charges and Rosters
Past charges and rosters from the past few years are available in the CAP Archives.