LAUC-SB Committee on Advancement and Promotion (CAP)
Charge | Roster | Annual Reports | Past Charges & Rosters
a. The Committee on Advancement and Promotion shall consist of an elected chair
and sufficient members, as confirmed by the Executive Committee, to
conduct the business of CAP.
b. The CAP fulfills the mandate of the Academic Personnel Manual (APM) for a
personnel committee to advise the Chancellor or designee on the merit increases,
promotions and career status actions for members of the librarian series. Specific functions
of the CAP in this regard shall be as follows:
- to advise the LAUC-SB Executive Committee on the implementation and
interpretation of pertinent sections of the Academic Personnel Manual (APM)
and to advise appropriate administrative bodies on established APM policy and
- to participate in the continuing development of those performance standards
for promotion and review which implement the applicable criteria in the APM.
- to coordinate the work of administratively appointed performance review committees
and to nominate a slate for each of these committees as well as a CAP member
to serve as Chair of each committee.
- to address the application of performance standards in evaluations for
promotion and merit review.
- to prepare an annual, analytical report on the review process for distribution
via the Executive Committee to LAUC-SB members.
- to submit review statistics via the Executive Committee to the membership of
LAUC-SB and to LAUC.
- to advise on career development programs and participate in the organization and
promotion of such programs.
[from Section 2 of Article VI of the
- Eunice Schroeder, Chair
- Linda Broderick
- Rick Caldwell
- Lorna Lueck