The LAUC-SB RPD committee administers travel funds, referees grant applications, and advises the LAUC-SB Executive committee on professional development matters for members in the Librarian series and the library as a whole.
- Travel guidelines
- LAUC statewide (Includes information regarding research grants, mini-grants, and presentation travel grants.)
a. The Research and Professional Development Committee shall consist of an elected Chair/Chair-Elect, an elected Chair and sufficient members, as confirmed by the Executive Committee, to conduct the business of the committee. The Vice-Chair/Chair-Elect assumes the position in July, following the election in June, and shall succeed to the office of Chair in the second year of a two-year term. The terms of committee members will begin in July. In addition, the LAUC-SB representative to the statewide Research and Professional Development Committee is a member of this committee, serving according to the statewide terms of office.
b. The RPD Committee fulfills the mandate of the Academic Personnel Manual (APM) for a
committee to advise the Chancellor or designee in research and professional
development matters for members of the librarian series. Specific functions of
the RPD Committee in this regard shall be as follows:
- to monitor and approve disbursement of all funds for research and travel;
- to advise the LAUC-SB Executive Committee on matters relating to professional development;
- to evaluate the UCSB Library professional development program, including an annual review of the program’s goals, criteria, policies, and procedures;
- to disseminate information to the membership regarding research and travel activities;
- to advise LAUC-SB members in the preparation of research proposals as needed;
- to serve as the review body for all research proposals submitted by LAUC-SB members for local and statewide funding.
[from section 4 of Article VI of the LAUC-SB Bylaws]
- Eunice Schroeder, Chair
- Alex Regan, Vice-Chair / Chair-Elect
- Margaret Driscoll
- Elaine McCracken
- Annie Platoff
- RPD Annual Report, 2014-2015
- RPD Annual Report, 2013-2014
- RPD Annual Report, 2012-2013
- RPD Annual Report, 2011-2012
- RPD Annual Report, 2010-2011 [Not available]
- RPD Annual Report, 2009-2010
- RPD Annual Report, 2008-2009
- RPD Annual Report, 2007-2008
Past Charges and Rosters
Past charges and rosters from the past few years are available in the RPD Archives.