a. The Committee on Advancement and Promotion shall consist of an elected chair
and sufficient members, as confirmed by the Executive Committee, to conduct the business of CAP.
b. The CAP fulfills the mandate of the Academic Personnel Manual (APM) for a personnel committee to advise the Chancellor or designee on the merit increases, promotions and career status actions for members of the librarian series. Specific functions of the CAP in this regard shall be as follows:
- to advise the LAUC-SB Executive Committee on the implementation and interpretation of pertinent sections of the Academic Personnel Manual (APM) and to advise appropriate administrative bodies on established APM policy and procedure.
- to participate in the continuing development of those performance standards for promotion and review which implement the applicable criteria in the APM.
- to coordinate the work of administratively appointed performance review committees
and to nominate a slate for each of these committees as well as a CAP member to serve as Chair of each committee.
- to address the application of performance standards in evaluations for promotion and merit review.
- to prepare an annual, analytical report on the review process for distribution via the Executive Committee to LAUC-SB members.
- to submit review statistics via the Executive Committee to the membership of LAUC-SB and to LAUC.
- to advise on career development programs and participate in the organization and promotion of such programs.
[from Section 2 of Article VI of the LAUC-SB Bylaws]
- CAP Annual Report 2018-2019
- CAP Annual Report 2015-2016
- CAP_Annual_Report 2014-2015
- CAP_Annual_Report, 2013-2014
- CAP Annual Report, 2012-2013
- CAP Annual Report, 2011-2012
- CAP Annual Report, 2010-2011 [Not available]
- CAP Annual Report, 2009-2010
- CAP Annual Report, 2008-2009
- CAP Annual Report, 2007-2008
- CAP Annual Report, 2006-2007
- CAP Annual Reports, 1994-2005
Past Charges and Rosters
Past charges and rosters from the past few years are available in the CAP Archives.